• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 driver question

PDD

I would like to use the parallel port on my JV3's instead of firewire. I went to the mimaki website and downloaded their Drivers 3.0 archive as these are guaranteed to work with win 7 32/64 bit, but there are only USB 1.1, USB 2.0 and Firewire Drivers. Where do I find a driver that will allow me to use the centronics parallel port that is also on the printer? Are there any other people out there using this port. Sure its older technology but it allows me to use a network-to-parallel print server and thus have my printer integrated into my business network. It seems odd that the port is on the machine but there is no driver issued for it. Any help is appreciated. -Brent

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
In Parallel mode it will be driven directly by the RIP and no Windows driver is needed. I know Flexi can print to the old one we have that way. Keep in mind though - connected via parallel - it will be about as fast as your 1988 HP Deskjet - in other words a 4x8 print will take about 6 hours to print.