• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 head help

tooserious

Hello I am having trouble with my JV3....One whole channel is not working on my yellow print head. I am letting it soak now but???????

tooserious

But it is either and or the capping station and pump.... it is loike the capping station is leaking????? I have tried to block the line and it still won'y hold fluid in the capping station(yellow) all other colors are fine. I am worried that my head will dry out. I can't get a new capping station until Monday????:bushmill:

tooserious

I guess I already drank according to my spelling.....I am high on cleaning solution.......high dollar I might add

particleman

take the back cover off and to expose the pumps. Crimp the yellow line, it has to hold fluid when you do this, otherwise you need to take note as to where the fluid is going because the only place it can go is down the tube. You can soak the head in the fluid to keep it loose. Odds are you are looking at a bad pump, pretty common for the station not to hold fluid when there is a bad pump. Once the pump is able to pull a vaccum on the head you will get ink flowing through it again. Also make sure you don't have ink build up on the rubber seal on the capping station, this will break the seal also.

tooserious

I also cleaned the rubber peice I tried pulling ink thru the tube to get the ink thru the head but to no avail

tooserious

Lo and behold...I took apart the capping station and switched the last cap (white inside and the problem moved to the cyan) and then I noticed on the white part of the capping assembly there are three tits......one is broken off. Is that the culprit??? I put a toothpick(peice)in the whole and wallaaaaaaa......it charged properly.....I still have a new pump on the way but the job I was stressing is done ...the only thing is I have a ghost patter like overspray around the dark black letters when I use Bi mode on a banner.......of coarse I am using the Arlon DPF preset.......I havn't found a banner profile that gives me true color.....so I use the Arlon one.....it may be too saturated? Thanks

tooserious

Also does any one have suggestions on cleaning solution I am tired of paying 50 bucks for a half empty bottle with mondo swabs and gloves that are useless!!!!!????

ChicagoGraphics

You can buy a Mimaki cleaning cart for $55.00 and poke a whole in the cartrige and drain it into a bottle, it's the same solvent that you pay for the small bottle of cleaning fluid.