• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 print head help

WB

Long story short, employee was printing and the Cyan head ran out of ink, I told him to replace the cartridge and get the print running. Well he replaced the cartridge and left the printer dry for the weekend.
SO.. I'ver taken the head out and flushed solvent through it, seems fine nothing clogged, I've emptied the Dampeners and filled them again they seem fine. I'm getting ink in through the lines so they're not dried out but I still can't get the head to print.. I do have a shut down 160Sp I could swap heads but I was wondering if anyone had any tricks I should try 1st.

Thanks

Bill

CrabbyOldGuy

Try pulling the hose to the pump and see if you can get ink to come through the head by pulling a vacuum on the line. If so, then it is probably the pump. You also might want to check the ribbon cable to make sure it is firmly seated. The pump would be my first suspect.

tbaker

it isn't uncommon for a jv3 head to become "vapor locked" once it's either run out of ink, or on installation of a new head.

Pulling ink at the pumps will tell you if that is indeed the case.

Take the drain line from the cap station, attach a syringe, and gently pull ink through the head. Once this is done, the head should fire.

If the head fires but runs out of ink, check the o-rings in the dampers you've replaced.

Hope it helps.