• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help jv300 plus 160 weird banding

Jason1

My Mimaki tech installed the printer a few days ago. The print has a different apperance from left to right. I have adjusted the media comp and performed a soft fill. I get the same results from raster link and flexi. It seems like head 2 needs a media comp of 140 but still can't get rid of the lines. Head 1 only needs a 40 media comp. Neither head can produce a sellable image by itself. I have attached images of nozzle check and some print samples. The horizontal lines are very noticeable in dual printhead mode. I have tried a couple of media types and 13oz banner material.

Head 1 is on bottom and head 2 is top. Had some overlap..
56081.jpeg

You can see the bottom of the brown in this image how it has a different color from left to right print.
56083.jpeg
56086.jpeg

dale911

President
Hard to say with this source image. Get some really good “known” art to work with to get a better baseline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wleong

I have a JV300-160 and I think I have a similar problem. It shows up depending on the substrate.

Try configuring your print so that it is uni-directional. That fixed it for me but it is obviously not ideal.

Let me know if that eliminates the issue. I hope we can find the fix.

William

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Media comp shouldn't affect the heads differently. It simply adjusts how much media moves under the heads each pass so it should be virtually identical. That leads me to think it might be a head slant or maybe even carriage height issue. When you do the media comp, does it look the same on both sides or does one side overlap and the other doesn't?

dale911

President
Media comp shouldn't affect the heads differently. It simply adjusts how much media moves under the heads each pass so it should be virtually identical. That leads me to think it might be a head slant or maybe even carriage height issue. When you do the media comp, does it look the same on both sides or does one side overlap and the other doesn't?

That’s exactly what I was thinking. The slant and stagger needs adjusted by a good technician. If fees compensation can be dialed in on either head. It not both at the same time, there is a positional issue with the head itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason1

They are way different in terms of media comp under single head printing. Tech is coming tomorrow to look at tracking.

Jason1

Tech replaced print head 1. It is a lot better. I would like to hear form those who have created their own profile for this printer. The wave form and maps settings have me a little confused.

TSmithy95

I had this exact problem with a brand new box fresh CJV300-160 Plus it was minimised by printing with one head all of the settings are dialed in and perfect however it is down to the firmware on the newer Plus models technician couldn't do anything to fix permanently only temporary until Mimaki release a new firmware certain times the heads don't communicate with eachother causing the banding.
Very annoying let me know if you have any development on the issue

micadesign

have similar issue on my jv300-160 when i print with both heads. firmware i'm using is 3.0.
when i print with head 1 or 2 it's better...