• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv300. Random head firing

casiodan

Hi all.

Wondered if anyone had come across the following issue before.

It started a few weeks ago with a very faint mark which looked like the head rubbing across the vinyl but over a week or so it happened more frequently.

So far its had a new slider board and the ribbon and power cables that run in the flexible track replaced. On both occasions the problem went away for a short while before starting again.

Both heads just firing all nozzles very lightly.

It was happening at the right hand side mostly which is why the stuff that runs in the track seemed likely.

Just wondered if anyone else had seen it as the parts are getting more expensive now.

Cheers
Danny
IMG_0286.jpeg

DL Signs

Never go against the family
That looks like an electrical issue. I'd start by unplugging the printer and check that all the ribbon cables to the board, carriage, and heads are clean, seated firm/ correctly, and that there's no ink or anything anywhere near the connectors.