• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV300 sublimation issing nozzles

Paradox Group

Hi,

I have an issue with a JV300 using sublimation ink, it started having missing nozzles in head No1 M left block all the rest of the head nozzle were perfect, we tried all the normal cleaning and fill up at all the levels nothing helped so we, we then connect a syringe using a Y connection and sucked ink from both head this culminated in lose of nozzle in all the colors and in both the heads, we then replaced the capping and have tried everything to get the printer back to normal but have failed, has anyone had experience with such a situation ? any ideas?

Attachments

• nozzle checkjpg.jpg
    nozzle checkjpg.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 165

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try doing some head soaks if you haven't already. There is a function in the Maintenance menu called, "Nozzle Wash." Run that and follow the instructions. It will basically have you clean the wiper and cap top, then fill the cap tops with the cleaning solution your ink provider recommends, and then parks the heads on the cap tops for however log you set it for. I usually at least set it for an hour. It will run a cleaning cycle right after. If that doesn't work then your last resort is flushing the heads. Check with your ink supplier if they are having issues with the ink. I get calls from people all over the US and sometimes the world. Sublimation ink tends to have bad batches far more often than any other ink I've seen.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Do what Jordan said.

We had a JV300 running the 2L mimaki sublimation bags and had a lot of ink problems similar to yours. Ours was bad though in that we'd loose our entire yellow ink channel in both heads and this happened multiple time. He mentions a head flush and at one point I ran about 1L of warm distilled water through the head and that actually worked and we got one of the two unblocked and working. After a while we'd always end up dropping out yellow lines though and later when our solvent Mimaki needed a new print head I gave up and just took the JV300, flushed it and put it in the solvent machine and replaced the JV300 with an Epson. Not much help to you but I feel your pain and we had way way to many problems with our JV300. That being said I'm sure it runs like a champ for a lot of other people.

Tai