• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33-130 not printing one channel

IVRI

Hello everyone,

We purchased a new JV33-130 printer three years ago and had been using without it any issues, a year ago the head was replaced due to substantial damaged caused by one of the metal substrate holders. Recently, after doing a test draw, I noticed one of the channels was not firing at all while all 7 other channels were printing at 100%. I would then run a 'hard clean' maintenance routine and that channel showed as firing above 80%; in one occasion I repeated the test draw several times and the channel gradually stopped firing. This lead to believe that what it seemed a firing was actually backwash from the 'hard clean'.
I swapped dampers and the channel still not fires. Any suggestions as to what may be the issue? I called Mimaki's tech support, they suggested doing the damper swap, which I had already done, then they mentioned it might be some type of electrical issue. Has anyone experienced similar issues?
Any help on this will be highly valued.

Neil

Have a look in the Mimaki sub-forum. It's full of these questions and answers.
I always suggest it's the cap top - not getting an air tight seal, not able to draw ink through the head.
It most always is.

Quite often I get a channel drop out 100%.
I take the head over to the left side, clean around the head so it's 100% clean, clean the cap top & wiper.
Then a normal cleaning will usually bring it back and keep it running again.

Keep an eye on your cap top and wiper when it's doing a cleaning. Make sure you're getting ink coming through.
You may need a new cap top.