• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33-160 Black Ink leaking into Yellow

dghound42

President
If someone could please help it would be appreciated.

Our black ink from damper #5 is leaking into our yellow, damper #6. We have replaced both and ink is flowing through. We are concerned that the printer head is damaged. I have attached an image of the ink test.

Attachments

• 0314161105.jpg
    0314161105.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 271

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Unfortunately I am leaning towards a damaged head. Have you flushed it recently? First check if there is ink in the black and yellow cartridges. I have run into this multiple times where the ink runs out but doesn't flag the machine. What happens is the pump runs and pulls on the empty cartridge and when the pump stops, the empty cartridge pulls ink from the cap back up into the other dampers near by. Judging by your test print and the fact that you have new dampers, I think the head is fried.

dghound42

President
Definitely thinking the same thing about the printhead. We ran a clean and the yellow damper is actually pulling black into it from the printhead.

dghound42

President
It's going to run us just under $3k to get tech out here to replace printhead.

Anyone have any recommendations on the best printer for canvas currently on the market? We have been using this one for almost 10 years and need to determine whether to replace printhead or to get a new one.

TomZ

I had the same problem. It is a bad head you need to replace it. because it just keeps getting worse as you run.

Art Tampa

we have the same problem, but we replaced the head, still the same or worse, new caps, we are leaning to pump , as for some reason is building back pressure.