• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33-160 Error 7 question

Briansos

Greetings,

I found 1 thread (rather old) with some insight on this, but very little. I just had a head hit on some banner material and when I restarted, got an Error 7 message. Reads:

Error 7
Head (0---)

According to the older thread, it could be just a corroded wire. Well I called my tech and he is almost certain this requires a new head assembly ($2500.00 ugh!)

So question is: Has anyone here dealt this this sort of error? How can one head hit mess up a machine so badly it needs a $2500 part. Did your incident end up with this required purchase or was the solution much smaller?

Thanks for your time.

Rooster

According to the service manual it's an abnormal temperature condition in the head.

Their suggestions to fix are:

Turn power off for 2-3 minutes and try again.

1: Reconfirm the head temp with [#test] - [temperature.chk] - [nozzle temp]
2: Make sure that corresponding FPC, main FPC are connected in the right way.
3: Replace head with a new one.
4: Replace ink slider pcb with a new one.
5: Replace the main pcb with a new one.

styler

Hi

Did you manage to find the fault/fix

Im having same issues. But only when the cartridge valve opens and u hear that sound of opening. Sometimes it starts up normal but test print is messed up and then error 07 again.

Thanks