• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33-160 Head partially fail to Print

ammpromotions

:helpI have a Mimaki JV33-160 , some times the yellow stop printing in one direction, then the magenta misprinted and the yellow came back.The machine is under warranty but there is no one to talk in MIMAKI.
The technical support people locally changed dampers, mother board, pumps, cable, etc etc.
The problem disappear suddenly. then again the magenta didn't printing Oslo in one direction , again we play around and came back but we don't know what is really happening.
The technical people that gives support doesn't know either!
Dose some one has an idea, or is it that this JV33 itself has a factory problem? Is t a Lemon?

I am ready to sale this machine and get a Roland or something with goooooooood support but never again in my life a Mimaki.

Dose anyone has gone trough the same troubleshoot.

I will appreciate all the comments.

Jose

BoF

:helpI have a Mimaki JV33-160 , some times the yellow stop printing in one direction, then the magenta misprinted and the yellow came back.The machine is under warranty but there is no one to talk in MIMAKI.
The technical support people locally changed dampers, mother board, pumps, cable, etc etc.
The problem disappear suddenly. then again the magenta didn't printing Oslo in one direction , again we play around and came back but we don't know what is really happening.
Dose some one has an idea, or is it that this JV33 itself has a factory problem? Is t a Lemon?

I am ready to sale this machine and get a Roland or something with goooooooood support but never again in my life a Mimaki.

Jose

What ink are you running, OEM SS21?

Dice

Make them fix it or send you a new jv33. I wouldn't stand for a machine that doesn't print and is still under warranty.

Artgunner

Jose

Your problem sounds like the head is drying out and by you trying to print, it is trying to moisten enough to fire certain colors.

Are you cleaning the heads via "Cleaning" command? This will fire the head, wipe and moisten until it prints unless the head is damaged. Is the head on capping station at all times? This keeps it moist. Dry head equals no print or bad printing of certain colors. My JV33 printer works great and I keep all parts clean as well as keeping the heads firing reguardless of if I have anything to print. Very important. Hope this helps.

Art