• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv33-160 heater settings/color issues

FTS Designz

have had this machine now for about a week and have been running test prints to get my colors dialed in.

been using ij180 and substance 444 as I mainly do wraps on utvs, while doing all this the colors were not as vibrant as I was expecting coming from a latex machine.

today I did some more and printed a wrap. With the heaters at 45 pre,40 and 50 post the colors were ok but not great, and then did another and forgot to turn the heaters on and it printed excellent. no smudges or anything.

has anyone experienced this?

just trying to get a feel for the machine and used to eco sols as ive only delt with a latex machine in the past.

Thanks

31legen

The mimaki machines are capable of printing vibrant colors. I havent found heat to impact a colors vibrancy that much. Your settings seem ok. Are you designing in rgb or cmyk? Ive had good experience printing on oracal. I found that most of the profiles that are out there for specified media, really arent that good. As previously mentioned the profiles that come in rasterlink are very capable of producing great results. Did you do a full install of rasterlink5?