• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv33-160 ink error

JmJgraphicd

JMJ Graphic Signs
I am asking for advise on jv33-160 it has ink error on brand new cartridge red flashing light solid green have used 2 new cartridges and same error says the error is almost end I cant clear with new cartridges don't know what to do with it not a lot on internet about this error i would appreciate any advice

caribmike

Retired with a Side Hustle
I am asking for advise on jv33-160 it has ink error on brand new cartridge red flashing light solid green have used 2 new cartridges and same error says the error is almost end I cant clear with new cartridges don't know what to do with it not a lot on internet about this error i would appreciate any advice
I have the same machine. Its probably an issue with the cartridge chip. Maybe your ink has expired. I always keep extra "forever" chips on hand just in case I run into a problem like this (and I have). Once, I inadvertently ordered way to much yellow and it expired before I could use it. The back up chips saved the day. I buy my ink from STS Inks in Florida and they sell chips too. Also, I have had to replace the chip reader in the Solvent Cleaner bay a year or so ago. It was easy.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The ink end sensor is probably broken. There's a little lever in the cartridge holder that gets pushed by a little flag on the cartridge when the cartridge is empty. If that lever gets broken, it will flag the cartridge as near empty for every cartridge you install. It writes it back to the chip so it permanently flags that cartridge. Take a look in the cartridge holder and compare it with one that is working. You should be able to see if it's broken.

Last edited: