• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv33-160

Mega Format

Hello, i'm getting on my mimaki jv33-160 error 250 y coordinate i would like to know if changing the slider board will help for this?
Thanks

inkmed

if getting this error when printer starting, it may be problem of feed motor and photo sensor
if gettiong this error when printing, it may be problem of Y motor.
if confirm the problem is not caused by motors, you need track the slider board and mainboard.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

genericname

Clean the slider bar with a dry, lint-free cloth, then oil it with a couple drops of sewing machine oil, every couple of feet. Work the oil across the bar with a new, clean piece of lint-free cloth.

If you're problem's not electrical, your error should be gone. This happens when there's too much friction between the slider bar and the head carriage; the system shuts it down before it causes any damage to the motor.

genericname

Actually, my bad, the cleaning typically solves the generic "Y ERROR". For your problem, you probably just need to clean the encoder scale. Just a lint free cloth with water should do it. Keep alcohol away from the band.

Still, clean that bar anyway; it's a good part to add to your routine. And for crying out loud don't toss money at a new part when you haven't tried something as simple as cleaning first.

Mega Format

i tried allready cleaning and oilling we had alot of problems with this mechine but i'm just getting the error 250.
Thanks