• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 - anyone replace this part before?

odshawaii

So I'm hearing this "clicking" noise whenever the machine is printing (or when media is being fed thru the rollers).

It sounds like it's coming from this part (see photo):

It's the black piece that's located below the belt (flashlight is pointing at it)

attachment.php

Sounds like gears binding or something.

Anyone have first hand experience replacing this?

Attachments

• IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 99
Last edited by a moderator:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Never replaced anything under there myself. Looking at a drawing that black piece is a cover over the x-axis pulley (I colored that black plastic cover green in the attached drawing). I'd assume maybe something got down in there by the pulley, the pulley bearing is going bad, the belt is frayed and hitting something behind there, something is off on one of those brackets, or the x-motor itself might be making the noise.

Attachments

• xaxis.jpg
    xaxis.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 70

brightbanner

i like vivid color
I had replace the belt.
The part in your picture is a cover, I do not think it can cause the noise.
And it is not consume part, will hard to find in market.

Brent

odshawaii

Never replaced anything under there myself. Looking at a drawing that black piece is a cover over the x-axis pulley (I colored that black plastic cover green in the attached drawing). I'd assume maybe something got down in there by the pulley, the pulley bearing is going bad, the belt is frayed and hitting something behind there, something is off on one of those brackets, or the x-motor itself might be making the noise.

Thank you for responding SL. I removed the the cover as well as the black plastic cover to see what's going on in there.

Visually, the belt and gears look fine and now there is no noise after removing the covers - strange.