• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Banding when printing Red... Ink Starvation Problem??? Dampers??? What?

Hi,

We have just replace the head on our Mimaki JV33, all done no problem, printing crystal clear. We primarily print safety signs, so lots of block colours, Red, Blue, Black and Yellow etc. printed fine for the day, following day when printing Red signs, black bands start printing in the Red... all other colours are fine... We are thinking some kind of ink starvation? or damper issue? we have tried ink fills, priming the damper, ink fill ups etc etc. but still when printing Red we get this issue...

Apart from this it is printing beautiful...

Anyone shed an light on this???

I will post some pictures tomorrow morning....

Last edited:

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Sounds like the cartridge valve is not opening all the way.
Take off the cover over the cartridges and jam something in between the solenoid lever to open the valve a little more for that colour ,then do some more cleans.
Have you replaced the Capping station recently?
In my experience they should be replaced every 8 month's on average.
Tekkie1:smile:

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
I had the same issue on a JV33 and it ended up being the cap station. If it were me I would replace the dampers and cap station (with oem parts). I chased it for a while including valve and a bad (new/non oem cap top).