• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv33 & cutter or cjv30

signage

I would say a JV33 due to most times you have to laminate and this requires removing and re-inserting. So if you get busy enough you can be printing while other print/lam is cutting! JM.02

Letterbox Mike

Seperate machines are much more efficient/useful if ou do a decent volume. I couldn't imagine haing to work around having to print and cut on one machine, that would hinder production significantly.

ciggyboy

Thx for the replys..one more question.. with a budget of around 35k what in your opinion is the best stand alone printer and cutter in that price range...

Letterbox Mike

We have a JV33-160, and a Summa S160D. We've had the summa plotter for about 3 years, had it since we bought our first JV3, but they're still the same price, about $9k (and worth every penny and then some), and we just bought our JV33 this spring for $15,900. It's an extremely impressive machine for the money. Add in Onyx and a beast of a RIP computer and a media/ink bundle, installation and training, and you should be in the $30k-$35k range for a very nice, productive setup.

ciggyboy

We have a JV33-160, and a Summa S160D. We've had the summa plotter for about 3 years, had it since we bought our first JV3, but they're still the same price, about $9k (and worth every penny and then some), and we just bought our JV33 this spring for $15,900. It's an extremely impressive machine for the money. Add in Onyx and a beast of a RIP computer and a media/ink bundle, installation and training, and you should be in the $30k-$35k range for a very nice, productive setup.

Thx a bunch

COREYAARON

Hey bro,

If you are looking for any decent amount of production a printer/cutter combo would never be a good choice. I actually have several TPC'S AND CJV'S. I also have around 30 JV33's i work on. The jv33 is the best bang for the buck you can find. As far as rip software goes i would recommend Poster Print from Ergosoft. I'm familiar with Wasatch, Onyx, Colorburst, Rasterlink, Versaworks, etc. It's the best setup. If you have any questions you can give us a call @ 770 831 6280. My name is Corey, I work for Next Wave Media Solutions in North Atlanta Ga.