• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 default settings

Artgunner

Does anyone know how to reset the JV33 default settings on the printer? Had problems with third party ink chips and are experiencing problems with new OEM cartridges and ink amount. I have removed all the third party chips.

Art

Artgunner

Beware of these chips you can buy! I trusted a forum discussion and bought chips from a member on this forum. Also, trusted that the chips were fine and have been tested and used by our members. The chips have totally screwed up my printer's motherboard! Removing cmoss battery did not seem to help with new cartridges either in the JV33.

All I have heard so far is "We sale hundreds of these every month and this is the first we've heard." Nothing else as of date after request for help.

Has anyone experienced chip problems?

Does anyone have any advice as to what I can do to correct this problem?

I am talking to several forum members on the side about this issue. Many thanks for their help. There has been discussion to reveal the forum member that sold the chips. I am waiting to see if they back their product or not.

Art

Neil

Did you get back up running yet?
Some of my inks will expire soon so I'll have to either try the chips or remove the battery.
More info would be appreciated.

BTW, I contacted my tech and he said something about being able to extend the expiration time but hasn't got back to me yet.

Artgunner

I am working with a Mimaki tech now to solve the problem and will make a statement about what happened, 3rd party chips and what to beware of concerning what happened to me. As soon as we complete the fix I'll post what I've found.

There should be some understanding about chips before anyone uses them, some things that are good to know and what Mimaki doesn't tell you.

Removing the cmoss battery will not help you at all. Do not remove it.

... Extending time via a reproduction chip! Only way to do it.

Art