• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 down... Someone Help Please!

jkloste2

Had a head go bad this morning in our JV33-160. When I tried to switch out the head I got and error 202 "Device Construction". I thought maybe the replacement head was bad, but I pput it in another JV33 and it works fine. I put the original head (dead) back in the machine, and it boots normally. How can this work? The replacement head works fine in another machine, but not the one I need it in. Anyone have a suggestion? I called our tech and he's confused also. I don't want to start replacing expensive boards/parts without having a little insight first. I checked all of the data cables, tried swapping memory boards, etc and nothing seems to be working. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Downgrade the firmware on that machine to 2.10. The head will then work fine in it. Starting on firmware version 3 Mimaki added agressive head checks for whether it is a genuine Mimaki head and also for other anomolies. 99% odds if you downgrade it's firmware to 2.10 it will be up and running just fine.

jkloste2

Downgrade the firmware on that machine to 2.10. The head will then work fine in it. Starting on firmware version 3 Mimaki added agressive head checks for whether it is a genuine Mimaki head and also for other anomolies. 99% odds if you downgrade it's firmware to 2.10 it will be up and running just fine.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not exactly sure how to downgrade firmware though. I'm sure I can find it online somewhere. I just read a Tech Note from the JV33 Bible that was posted in this thread, it says to upgrade the firmware. Did Mimaki change this head check back?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If you upgrade the firmware further you will be in the same spot. The only quick fix you have is to downgrade the firmware. It's the exact same process as upgrading it, you just select an older file instead of a newer one is all. You will need the firmware upgrade tool, the firmware file itself, and the prm file.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Actually it's 2.20 or lower. Goofed on that in the earlier post. I did converse with the OP in PM's and bearwen is correct in that fixed it.

From him PM to me "
jkloste2 said:
The printer is back up and running again. You really are a life saver. Thanks a million.
"

Masseria

you can either downgrade, to 2.10 or swap the electronics in the head... making your not original head look like OEM mimaki.