• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Generic Cap Head replacement has created an issue

CanDoASign4U

I am having an issue with ink getting to the head on my JV33-130. This all started after I replaced the Mimaki cap head with a generic cap head. The head was working prior to this and now I'm only getting a few colors coming out of the print head. Everything I read says that it's likely a air leak issue. Anyone ever experienced this issue and if so, how do you resolve?

odshawaii

I've tried going the cheap route with generic parts and it only led me to more problems and improper fitment. I'm not saying to buy all OEM parts but for me, they were way less problematic vs. generic.

Have you replaced the pump recently?

CanDoASign4U

odshawaii you were absolutely correct. Went ahead and replaced the pump just out of concern, replaced the tubing to the cap assembly and added the Mimaki OEM cap and you guessed it....it now is working great! You might have heard the shouts of joy from North Carolina when it printed a beautiful pattern. Thanks for all of your suggestions! Hope you have a blessed and happy weekend.
Smiling Dog.jpg