• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv33 magenta not printing

Zambookajoe

Printed about 1000 green labels this morning totalling about 20 yards by 48", when getting close to the end of the print the green was getting extremely light. so i did a few cleans , ink fills , nozzle wash, called the tech line, I was told its probably the pump, anything I can try, to maybe get it to print till they can actually get here next week

Im getting half my magenta, the other half well, its disapeared

heres a print test

ideas ?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 197

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Cannot say it's definitley the pump. Could be the pump, the capping top, the damper on that particular channel, a leaking o-ring on the ink line for that channel, head manifold, etc as well.

I'd try swapping those 2 ink lines and dampers. Then do some more testing to see if the problem follows the ink line and damper next.

bojan

Cannot say it's definitley the pump. Could be the pump, the capping top, the damper on that particular channel, a leaking o-ring on the ink line for that channel, head manifold, etc as well.

I'd try swapping those 2 ink lines and dampers. Then do some more testing to see if the problem follows the ink line and damper next.

I totaly agree .....
Nut try bath head for 99 minits and then do ink fillupp off magenta.
Send som pics and zoom the printing head under ...

Zambookajoe

ok did another 99 min soak yesterday and a ink fill same nothing changed, forgot to take a pic of the head, so this morning decided to clean my cap to the extreme, so while doing this the head was off the cap it left big globs of mangenta on the vinyl, now im doing another 99 min soak will take a pic after this.

for switching the lines do I do that at the head, do I swicth the lines and the dampers or do i try both?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Probably not going to be enough ink line to swap the lines themselves since the magenta dampers are on opposite ends of the head so you would have to unscrew the ine from the damper and try swapping just the dampers. Carefully have to remove the 2 metal damper retainers first.... but if this is an area you are not comfortable with you will probably need a tech out. Do NOT press on the flat sides of the dampers at all, only grab them from the edges or you will open the valve in it and get ink all over the place. This is a fiddly thing to do and you do not want ink on the top of the head board but the manifold should prevent this. Still have some paper towels handy....

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The ink line on that damper was probably just not quite tight enough then and it was sucking air. Switching the dampers/lines required reseating those ink lines which fixed it. That being said, if the left channel is now going then I'd guess that damper is probably getting worn out or clogged internally. Only other ink line unioun I can think of would be at the joints behind the cartrdige slots. You can pull that back cover easy and see where the lines split to go to each of the individual dampers. It's possible the o-ring in the joint there might not be tight.

Little bit of hair pulling and frustration with a bit of one steap at a time troubleshooting and you just saved yourself a several hundred dollar service call from a tech. Nice work! :)