• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JV33 misfire black channel

Stripeman

Im getting a misfire on one of the black channels. When I print an image, it looks as if Im getting a color bleed, like when a damper gets a few drops of different ink in it. Upon further inspection of the color bar that is printed along the margin, I noticed a set of black dots printed directly on top of the magenta bar. Approximately 10 rows or so. As the print goes on the amount of dots seems to reduce until clean then it begins again. It seems like some sort of overheating of a component somewhere along the line.

Printhead, dampers, connectors and cap are all new (less than a month old) and printing has been perfect up til now. Ive taken 2 pics, one through a loop.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
jv33.jpg jv33_2.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
How does your nozzle check look? It looks like a few of the magenta nozzles are getting contaminated. Check the wiper to make sure it isn't stuck in the out position while the printer prints.

Stripeman

How does your nozzle check look? It looks like a few of the magenta nozzles are getting contaminated. Check the wiper to make sure it isn't stuck in the out position while the printer prints.
Hi
It looks like that, but under the loop you can see that it is actually a black head firing onto the magenta bar. It comes in waves in that it seems to get heavy, then after a few passes begins to reduce, then it comes back. I really think its an overheating of something, but not sure what.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Judging by the intervals, I am willing to bet that the head is touching something with ink on it when it goes to do the refresh sequence. Every once in a while the head will run all the way back to the maintenance station to do a refresh. If the wiper is dirty or the cap top is full of ink due to slow drainage, it could cause this issue. Or if anything along the way is dirty like the media guides.

Stripeman

Judging by the intervals, I am willing to bet that the head is touching something with ink on it when it goes to do the refresh sequence. Every once in a while the head will run all the way back to the maintenance station to do a refresh. If the wiper is dirty or the cap top is full of ink due to slow drainage, it could cause this issue. Or if anything along the way is dirty like the media guides.
Ok

I feel like an idiot. I cleaned and cleaned but couldnt get it right, until I found the smallest fragment of material stuck to the end of the platen. I guess better to be stupid than buying a new head huh