• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Keep your day job

Robert M

I posted a job listing on Craigs list for a shipping person last night. I'm up to 80 plus emails from interested job seekers. I have used Craigs list in the past and I have never seen anything like this. Now the question is what do i do with all these emails and resumes. If I spend 3 minutes a resume, and at the rate they are still coming in, well you get the idea.
It is tuff out there for some folks.

GypsyGraphics

i'd reply to each email with a questionnaire the incorporates a litmus test.
if they pass then allow them to send a resume.

then only read the ones that include a resume. that ought to weed out the unqualified applicants.

HulkSmash

I posted a job listing on Craigs list for a shipping person last night. I'm up to 80 plus emails from interested job seekers. I have used Craigs list in the past and I have never seen anything like this. Now the question is what do i do with all these emails and resumes. If I spend 3 minutes a resume, and at the rate they are still coming in, well you get the idea.
It is tuff out there for some folks.

Robert, last feb. i posted for a designer on craigslist.

550 emails in 2 days. Never doing that again.

signdoggy

Yeah. poor smucks ......... lotta folks vying for them minimum wage jobs right now. But life does have it's balance.

GoodPeopleFlags

Interesting fact: "Keep Your Day Job" is the name of a song by The Grateful Dead and the only song voted by fans to never be played again.
:thread
Now back to your original programming. :)

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
At least the response is better than through the news paper ... I know when my position became available ... only 2 other ~semi~ qualified individuals applied ... 58 other people contacted the shop who had no computer or design skills let alone the application said "no phone calls" and i didn't even count the number that called ... i know it was atleast 4 or 5 a day.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
God, and I'm afraid to use craigslist if I ever need help with anything ... I posted a craigslist ad looking for some sunday help moving some garbage from the allyway about 40 feet to the dumpster ... got atleast 50 e-mails in a couple hours before I killed the ad ... and that was for $30.

AUTO-FX

Wow. Well, you know, consider the source. If you make it easy, you will get those who are the laziest. (Or Lazyest. not sure about the spelling! does this make me lazy?)