• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Kestrel sticks?

3Dsigns

I'm looking into upgrading some old flourescent cabinet signs to LED. Do the Handley "Kestrel Stick" outfits work pretty good? Or is there another easier/more economical and durable/trouble free solution? There is a cabinet with 10- 36T12's another with 4- 84T12's and a third with 3- 96T12s. Thank you for your help

JBurton

Signtologist
So, I don't use Hanley (I think that's what you meant), typically use principal tapouts. But another product we have started to use is everylite, sold by Reece, it's a box of modules that snap onto something like 1/2" tubing, so you can blindly buy a box and some sticks and retrofit random sizes as needed, just have to cut the tube, snap the modules on, and wire. Problem there is the tube doesn't fit in the sockets, you have to add something like angle to mount to. Saves a lot of time waiting for the right size sticks to show up.
Anyway, if the Hanleys are a true 'in socket' retro solution, they will likely work fine. It's grimco's house brand, so it's not the worst and not the best.

unclebun

We've done a couple of Kestrel stick conversions. Very easy to fit, makes for a quick no-fuss conversion that takes about 5 minutes longer than just changing the bulbs. And the 5 minutes is just because you have to disconnect the transformer and hook up the power supply. The oldest one we did was 2 years ago, and it's still working perfectly.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
We use Hanley LED products a good bit. I think the Kestrel units work pretty well. We buy a lot of their Wingspan modules too.