• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Kingdom of Heaven movie font

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I'm trying to recall the identity of this font, but it escapes me. I was watching a 720p HD quality Quicktime file of the movie trailer (downloaded from Apple's Quicktime HD Gallery) and just found myself wondering, "what in the world is that typeface?"

Attachments

• KingdomofHeavenTitle.jpg
    KingdomofHeavenTitle.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 413

Baz

I'll answer this one since i also asked about this font a while back. It is used SOOOOOO much in the movie industry ... Try to remember it and you will find it many many times over.

Its the Trajan font family from Adobe.

Attachments

• Trajan.jpg
    Trajan.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 210

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Seriously though, does anyone have an idea of what that font may be. It certainly isn't Trajan -although it's kind of a miracle in and of itself that Trajan didn't get used.

Baz

Well your right .. It isnt exactly Trajan. But real darn close. Close enough for me to believe that maybe they did use it and just did some type treatment to it to justify the 50-100 thousand dollar design fee :wink:

Attachments

• Trajan Kingdom.jpg
    Trajan Kingdom.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 216

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I have to disagree with you on the similarity to Trajan. The Kingdom of Heaven type face has a more close visual relationship with a sharp serifed Latin font like Trump Mediaeval than anything like Trajan. I've seen the font somewhere before, but My Font's "what the font?" utility and Identifont haven't given me any matches.