• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Kiss-Cutting on the Zund trouble

Ehburls

Hey there,

We recently just got a Zund G3 and its been fantastic so far but we've really been struggling with kiss cutting. We previously had a graphtec that worked amazing but we can't seem to figure out what the deal is with getting kiss cutting to weed well on the zund. Basically we are having issues with lettering where the cutting starts and stops which makes weeding a nightmare. We have the pressure set as high as it will go before it starts cutting through the backer.

We're using the KCT with the gold spring and the Z6 blade as per the tech who installed it for us. (I did read somewhere that maybe the red spring is better?)

Is there a better blade we should be using? or any other information we should know for getting better cuts on vinyl?

Thanks

jasonx

Do you have the 3120021 Glide shoe for blade holder (KCM-S, KCT, C2) inserted?

It stops the blade from going into the backing paper. So you can go a bit harder on the pressure without affecting the liner.