• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Kitsap SignCo

ksc

Does anyone know about the new Gerber ion ??????????? (other then the web sites) anyone own one ?????

THATgirl

nope don't know anything about it. Just wanted to say 'hi'. I was just in Gig Harbor, are you close to there ksc?

Hzone15

Ion

From what I have read it sounds very interesting. Inks that haven't been proven, curing system that has yet to be proven. The concept is great, time will tell. I just read a press release that stated the shipments have been delayed until May 08.

I believe Vutek and Zund have also tried this, and reverted to plan B

Time will tell, I like the concept

H

Goodgirl

The inks have been working for 5 years. Gerber is one of the top known digital companies out there thanks to the first Gerber Edge. They have been testing these inks for over 5 years and now it has finally hit the market.

The shipments have been delayed for computer reasons. They made the machine so fast that computers weren't able to keep up with sending the information over to the printer. Now they have found a way to fix that within their printers instead of within your computer. But the process of getting all that fixed in every machine thus far has proven hard to do. Considering over 150 units have already been sold before the launch date. They pushed it up to May 08 just in case. But I've been told that it will probably be shipping out earlier then that.

Anyone who doesn't have an order in right now with some cash upfront however will be waiting until almost August to be getting one though. There is a mile long wait list on these machines.

These machines are INSANE! I've been around machines, installed and fixed machines for years and this machine and ink system blows them away.

I agree that people should always see one of these things in action before deciding to spend 80k.

Please let me know if you have any more questions on the Gerber Ion. If you tell me what you are using it for that may help.

Good Luck!

ksc

Finally my lawyer got a response today from hp colorspan they want to give me a new printer in place of the existing 98uvx.....does any one know if hp makes a 8' (non colorspan) hybrid type uv flat bed printer that functions correctly.....????? ideas any one.....???????

Matt Cuellar

Nope, not unless you get into the Scitex branch of HP which is 3-4 more than your 98UVX, but well worth the $$$. HP ColorSpan also has the 9840uv, but that's been hit or miss for some as well. Sounds like you're in a tough spot, but hopefully you'll get this all straightened out soon.