• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Kongsberg XP vs Zund G3

Dice

We are looking at either a Kongsberg i-XP24 or a Zund G3.

The i-XP is Newer than the XL model and they claim it's 2x the speed of the Zund G3. It has a Direct Drive system instead of the Zund G# which is belt drive.

Esko claims the Kongsbergs are made of all steel innards where the Zund G3 uses a lot of polycarbonates.

The router tool changer on the Kongsberg is a one push button drop out and in, and the Zund g3 requires taking out the unit and getting wrenches.

Looking at them at the show it was difficult to tell the cutting speeds, but the new Kongsberg does see a bit faster, i don't know about 2x though.

All and All it does seem that the XP is better than the G3 but I was always under the impression that Zund is the best cutter out there.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

RycckG

I have never owned a Zund but we have 3 Kongsberg cutters. It is rock solid and built to last a long time. One of them is 12 years old and runs like the day it was new. I recently considerred the Zund and concluded it was definitly better than the Gerber, but not as solid as the Esko... The XP is 2x the speed of the xl, but they are quoting the radid traverse speed. Cutting is a bit faster than than the Zund and combined with the faster traverse, it is faster. Blades on the Zund are a custom item where as Esko uses standard Xacto blades.