• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Kudos to FlexiSign and Thanks to Mark Rugen

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Got a Tips and Tricks newsletter by email from Mark Rugen of GiveMeHelp.com regarding a new tracing tool in the latest version of Flexisign named Bezier.

It is aimed at tracing less than good quality images and I'd have to say that so far, to paraphrase an old proverb, it is making silk purses out of sow's ears.

Below is an image of The Seal of the State of Florida. It is supplied by our Secretary of State's office as a 600 x 600 ppi TIF file scanned from an old drawing. We were contracted by the Florida Attorney General's office to produce a variation for them which will require scaling up for signage requirements as well as various treatments not easily done by printing alone but rather by printing and cutting.

So I was faced with producing a reasonably faithful vectored version of the state seal and then modifying it to the purpose. I first tried Adobe Streamline (my personal favorite for autotracing) and it was way off the mark. I was looking at a long tedious session of hand tracing to do the job when I got the newsletter from Mark and tried it out.

Folks, I don't know what the difference is versus Flexi's regular autotracing, but I am impressed.

See for yourself below.

Thanx Mark!

Attachments

• Fl State Seal.jpg
    Fl State Seal.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 217
  • Bezier01.jpg
    Bezier01.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 178
  • Bezier02.jpg
    Bezier02.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 208
  • Bezier03.jpg
    Bezier03.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 198

dennis j

Fred, we picked up Marks training disks to help us find all the tricks of the software he has a section that explains how to use all of the tracing tools :thumb:

mastersignwizard

I am Impressed

I just tried got threw reading this posting and then tried it with a image that I was having alot of problums with and...... holy cow it worked great.. very little clean up to do. Thanks Fred:U Rock:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Dennis Raap said:
Fred, we picked up Marks training disks to help us find all the tricks of the software he has a section that explains how to use all of the tracing tools :thumb:

What I find doubly interesting Dennis is that there are no controls on it. You just select it and let it do its thing. It isn't for everything but I plan on using it as my first choice from this point forward.