• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L110 to 310 comparision

Vinyldog

I saw Grimco's deal on the L110 today. Can anyone tell me the difference between the 110 and 310 models?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Duh....310 - 110 = 200.

Sorry :)
I was actually pondering this myself this morning. Got the same email from Grimco. That seems to be a good deal.

Molenbeek

The main difference is the that the 110 only has 400ml ink cartridges and the 300 series has 775ml cartridges so your output cost is more per square foot printed. The other big difference is the 110 is a self installed system.

visualeyez

I have a 110, they use the same exact printheads as the the other models. They have a huge ink cartridge slot that has 2 grooves (400 and 775). I imagine a small tweak in the ink cartridge computer chip could allow a 775ml HP831 to be used in place of the 400ml HP821. The price is about $95 for the 400ml or $135 for the 775ml. However this vendor is selling 775ml inks that will work on the L110, for $85.
not oem HP 831A cz687a cartridge latex INK light magenta 300 330 360 370 lm ss | eBay
I have ran over 4,000ml of genuine latex in the last couple months, and even at $.25 per sq.ft. it is still highly profitable!
20161118_234412.jpg

Christian @ 2CT Media

The cartridge slots are keyed differently than the 775 cartridges to prevent you from using them.

The new 315 adds key features that make it a more pro grade printer like a material cutter and also the omas sensor.

visualeyez

The ink slots sound easy enough to work around.

I can cut the media faster myself than the material cutter can.

The omas does not come with the 315, only the 360 and 370, and only solves the problem of double sided prints.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Um yes the OMAS does come with the 315: HP News - HP Inc. Upgrades Market-leading HP Latex 300 Series

The Key'd slots are not the only thing, you would have to reflash the firmware on the 110 and you'd also have to get new chips to tell the machine it has more ink.

JUST FYI, OMAS also helps with media calibration before and during printing. It allows for the printer to automatically adjust the feed rate of the material to prevent banding on long runs, it also helps to calibrate its self on initial load based on material feed rate.

Vinyldog

The reason I'm wondering, some of you may know, is that I have a L310 for sale so I'm trying to find a selling point over the cheaper machine.

johndstevens

110 vs. 310, 310 vs. 315

Your 110 is basically a 310 - same heads, same IQ, same speed, same maintenance. On the 110 the onboard RIP has been simplified and you have smaller ink cartridges as has been pointed out (400ml vs. 775ml) - which = a higher ink CPC on the 110 vs. 310. But as someone points out - still around .27 at list price for a 110 CPC vs. .22 for a 310 so very competitive relative to other 440 ml based machines.

As far as the 310 vs. the 315 now - all print economics are the same, inks, heads, maintenance, CPC etc. - differences in new 3X5 series are: Optical Media Advance Sensor (OMAS), Auto X Cutter, Variable Front tension kit for TUR (Optional), and Continuous printing (you can upgrade your 310 to this for NC - requires current FW and RIP) The 315 price was also lowered by $1,000 so you may consider this as well. Hope this helps.