• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L2550 printing weird green band then colour, but still look good

NormanL

Hi guys

Something weird happen after I had a head strike, got a error code 98:03 which asked me to print a "head status plot" which I did and followed up with several print head cleans, but I noticed half the magenta is missing and won't come back. Its also now printing a weird pass of green before printing colour over the top which makes everything look fine, but it seems weird. The CMYK test shows no problem.

Any ideas?

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0154.JPG
    IMG_0154.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0155.JPG
    IMG_0155.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0156.JPG
    IMG_0156.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 105
Head number 5 (M-lm) is not firing on the nozzle test print. You can remove and reinstall that head and see if it will come back. If it does not you will want to replace that printhead.

NormanL

Thats a great idea, the head strike must of moved the print head, will give it ago once it stops printing, tyvm for the suggestion

NormanL

Ok so reseating magenta didnt work, so boss came in over the weekend and tried to fix it by switching 2 magenta heads around which fixed it but another problem arised... it made clunking sounds during each pass after which he ended up replacing both magenta print heads now there is a lubricate the carriage error which doesnt want to go away even tho we lubricated it with oil.

Oiling the Rail

In order to properly oil the carriage rail, the old lubricant must first be removed completely. It's like changing the oil in your car - remove the old oil and filter before replacing them with new. Here is a training video on the procedure:

[video=youtube;z2Eezc6gwwc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2Eezc6gwwc[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

NormanL

I dont think i've ever wiped off the old oil in the 3 months i've been working on the latex25500 so thank you for passing on knowledge to me.

Asuma01

Fun tip! In all the videos and documentation. they only ever tell you to lube the bottom rail. but there are TWO rails. The other is just above.

I was having problems with the carriage vibrating. Once I lubed up the top rail it stopped.