• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 Color Calibrations?

Zac

Mediocre Designer
I have been spoiled by our HP360 that basically makes everything idiot proof when it comes to color calibration. All the reading I've done online is a bunch of randomness.

What is the easiest way to color calibrate this L25500 or can I just use 'off the shelf' calibrations? I've printed the swatches but can't get the machine to read them, not even sure if it can. I really just need calibrations for standard 13oz banner, and IJ35 as this is our backup machine. I just feel like I'm missing something.

Edit: Onyx 10 RIP

dypinc

What RIP are you running?

If it does not support the onboard spectro you with have to purchase a spectro like i1Pro or i1Pro2. That is assuming that your RIP will at least do linearization/calibration. It may also support profiling.

Zac

Mediocre Designer
What RIP are you running?

If it does not support the onboard spectro you with have to purchase a spectro like i1Pro or i1Pro2. That is assuming that your RIP will at least do linearization/calibration. It may also support profiling.

Onyx 10.

I have been spoiled by our HP360 that basically makes everything idiot proof when it comes to color calibration. All the reading I've done online is a bunch of randomness.

What is the easiest way to color calibrate this L25500 or can I just use 'off the shelf' calibrations? I've printed the swatches but can't get the machine to read them, not even sure if it can. I really just need calibrations for standard 13oz banner, and IJ35 as this is our backup machine. I just feel like I'm missing something.

Edit: Onyx 10 RIP

Your L25500 does not have i1 photo spectrometer on board capabilities like your HP360 does. You can print the color charts and then check them with a standalone i1 photo spectrometer. The only way to do real color calibrations is to read your prints. So this would be your best option. And would get you to a point where you could match colors on both printers.

Last edited:

dypinc

Your L25500 does not have a i1 photo spectrometer like your HP360 does. Which means it can't real color calibration charts. Not even close. You can print the color charts and then check them with a standalone i1 photo spectrometer. The only want to do real color calibrations is to read your prints. So this would be your best option. And would get you to a point where you could match colors on both printers.

Your wrong, the L25500 does have a i1 photo spectrometer. You can't control it from the printer but you can control it from some RIPs. I know Colorgate can control it and I suspect Caldera can as well, but I don't think Onyx can.

Now on the other hand as old as a L25500 is likely to be, would I trust the onboard spectrometer? No way!