• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 dirty print. Started 2 days ago

Suz

Rich,

About the Aspire, I had tried that in the past and liked it, but used it only for cad cut vinyl application. Is that scrim rated for latex printers? I had not used it on my latex. Just remember it as a house brand from that supplier when I used it, and it was rated for digital printing, just don't remember if that included latex. But yes, the wrong material can kill your print heads. Not cheap when you have a head strike. Yeah, an $800.00 head would be worse! I've had good luck with "Forward" from Grimco. If you haven't tried that yet, give it a shot. Good stuff.

Thanks for your input. Great to know you can throw $35 at them to get a Tech to help for a week. Had no idea about that. It would be well worth it. Print quality seems to be the main issue. Could be worse I am sure. I agree on leaving the printer on in sleep mode, good advise. Yes, a Tech (when I had coverage) gave me that advice some time ago and now the machine goes off only when I absolutely have to turn it off for a maintenance issue. My machine needs to get used more, it's not been reliable enough to pump out jobs at times, which causes another loss, that would be Customers. So I keep my focus on the things that do make the most money for us: Artwork, Digitizing, Embroidery, and Screen-printing.

Mistakenly, I thought the wide format printer would be a good money maker in our shop, but it's more and expense than anything. We are forever thinking of ways to turn that situation around and hopefully I'll be able to say soon that we've been able to accomplish that goal. Having a full time helper in the shop would be great too, that will happen in a couple years. I have a lots of machines to feed. LOL!

I have found leaving the printer on, in sleep mode, so the heads will not dry out so fast.

Also the hp tech support is great, I think for $35 they will help you for a week on a given problem.

Suz

Eric,
Oh yes, the bucket trick. Mentioned that to the Hub when I noticed it is nearly full. For $35.00 I think the price was, I'd just buy one. It is one of the less-expensive consumables and the first time it's getting replaced. Yes, first time! That is how much we've actually used the printer, this one may be the least used L25500 on the planet. Might as well buy a respectable looking bucket. :) But if in a pinch, that is an option for sure. Also, THANK YOU for the info you sent me! Thank you for your constant helpfulness, Eric. You are a GEM!!!
Have a fabulous day!

When I was at my old shop we just put a 5 gallon bucket behind the machine and hung it where the bucket would go. Much cheaper.

Suz

Hey Eric, and Everyone!

Just an update from me. Things are going better with the Latex printer. I spent about $450 on 3 printheads and some ink, did some maintenance adjustments and such and the printer made me some money the past week. Yay! Gonna try to keep her running regularly. Better days ahead, hopefully! :) Thank you all for your help. Much appreciated! You are all the best. :loveya:

When I was at my old shop we just put a 5 gallon bucket behind the machine and hung it where the bucket would go. Much cheaper.