• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 Horizontal Banding

SAR.Summerlin

So last week I had the universal Error code while printing. Ever since this happened it has been hit or miss when I print I can't even count how many feet of wasted material. I keep seeing horizontal magenta bands across my prints. What could be causing this and how can I fix it.

Thanks for your Help

So last week I had the universal Error code while printing. Ever since this happened it has been hit or miss when I print I can't even count how many feet of wasted material. I keep seeing horizontal magenta bands across my prints. What could be causing this and how can I fix it.

Thanks for your Help

I assume that by horizontal you are referring to banding in the carriage scan direction, and not the media movement direction. Not sure what you mean by the Universal error code (79.04 is an undefined error). What does your nozzle test print look like (Ink Menu > Image Quality Maintenance > Cleaning > Print Test). If you see a lot of breaks in the patterns, you have nozzle issues, and would want to run a series of cleanings for the affected head(s), and then run the nozzle test print again to check the post-cleaning nozzle performance. The other cause of banding can be media feed related, but on the HP Latex printers, the OMAS system normally takes care of this automatically.