• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 Printhead Test Plot problem

SBTFWTX

Everywhere I look online and in my HP manual says my test plot should look like this.
attachment.php

Had and HP tech come out and look at our printer for other problems that he "fixed". Services performed were Service maintenance kit 3 and replaced our ink supply tubes and trailing cable. Had him take a look at our test plot while he was here.

C/LC and M/LM look just fine
attachment.php

But the Y/K looked bad

attachment.php

HP tech said it looks fine?!?!?! He said the manual is printed wrong. We have had this problem for a while.

Someone have any idea what the problem could be?

Attachments

• imageServlet.png
    imageServlet.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 558
  • 20150204_122138.jpg
    20150204_122138.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 686
  • 20150204_122111.jpg
    20150204_122111.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 810
Why do you say it looks bad? It looks good to me? All this is is a nozzle test. To see if nozzles have gone out. It has nothing to do with print quality. In fact many printheads can have damaged or nozzles that don't spray and the prints look fine.

SBTFWTX

Why do you say it looks bad? It looks good to me? All this is is a nozzle test. To see if nozzles have gone out. It has nothing to do with print quality. In fact many printheads can have damaged or nozzles that don't spray and the prints look fine.

Shouldn't it print yellow and black instead of pink and black?

If you think it looks bad because there is a bunch of magenta in the yellow section that is because it was written wrong. if you want I can sendyou the updated service manual for the machine. The health test plot looks identical to yours.

dypinc

What problem are you talking about?

Your nozzle test looks fine and is the way mine always looked.

The manual is wrong.

If you look there is yellow lines printed. That is all your looking at is the diagonal lines. If there is a step in some of them then you have nozzles out on a printhead of that color. The magenta(not pink) is printed there in a block before the yellow goes down so that you can see the lines better. Something a HP tech thought would be better then trying to read light yellow on a white backer. Watch it print next time it will lay all the magenta down and then go and print yellow over it.

SBTFWTX

If you think it looks bad because there is a bunch of magenta in the yellow section that is because it was written wrong. if you want I can sendyou the updated service manual for the machine. The health test plot looks identical to yours.

That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!