• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 soft printout on edges

E36

I am getting soft printout on the 2 edges of the L25500 printer, the printout on the center part is just fine and solid.

Anyone having similar problem?

MachServTech

I like it a lot so far. I really like no maintenance, replaceable printheads and no wait to laminate. My ink costs have gone way down. I am averaging closer to 22 cents per square foot. 25 cents if I average in printheads and maintenance cartridge.
I am up in the 30- 40 cents per square with solvent...probably because I use a lot of ink cleaning.

Brandon708

I like it a lot so far. I really like no maintenance, replaceable printheads and no wait to laminate. My ink costs have gone way down. I am averaging closer to 22 cents per square foot. 25 cents if I average in printheads and maintenance cartridge.
I am up in the 30- 40 cents per square with solvent...probably because I use a lot of ink cleaning.

Thats why i would like to get it.

How do you like the Latex inks? Can you actually do wraps with it? Is the vinyl you print on a good wrap material? Can you print on the same materials that solvent printers use for wraps? What are your thoughts on the media?

MikePro

when I saw it @ work during the ISA show, they were printing on 3M IJ180Cv3 material and had a car wrapped without lamination
(i even took my finger to it while no one was looking and tried rubbing through the ink with no success).

The WrapStar competition was also using this printer with the same material but laminating with the 8915 UltraMatte Overlaminate which also looked really good.
Most likely will be purchasing a new printer come the ISA 2k11 show in Vegas, and this is one of my top5 to check out.

Brandon708

when I saw it @ work during the ISA show, they were printing on 3M IJ180Cv3 material and had a car wrapped without lamination
(i even took my finger to it while no one was looking and tried rubbing through the ink with no success).

The WrapStar competition was also using this printer with the same material but laminating with the 8915 UltraMatte Overlaminate which also looked really good.
Most likely will be purchasing a new printer come the ISA 2k11 show in Vegas, and this is one of my top5 to check out.

Thanks!

Can you get a better deal on a printer at the ISA show?

MikePro

Thanks!

Can you get a better deal on a printer at the ISA show?

MOST DEFINATELY! All, if not nearly all, companies selling printers at the show have special pricing for attendees that last up to a week after the show ends. I believe when we purchased our JV3160 6 years ago... the savings paid for our trip (like $6k off MSRP) AND they even threw in a 48" cutter to sweeten the deal.

even more-so if you buy a floor-model... as it costs them money to ship it back to themselves, they'll just ship it directly to you at no extra cost.

Turtle

I have had my L25500 for over 6 months. Great machine. I haven't needed the mimaki since I got it. I like not getting solvent all over my hands on a weekly basis.:smile: