• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L315 media recommendations

The HP PrintOS Media Locator is a terrific resource for this type of question:

You can filter the search results by printer, application, media manufacturer, and more. Most banner medias will run well, but papers can be a bit more of a challenge on a 300 Series, so checking for certified medias on the Locator is key. You can also pull down the media preset OMS from the link and push to the printer via the Embedded Web Server, or go directly to the printer front panel > Substrate Library > download. It will automatically synchronize with your Certified RIP after being installed and loaded onto the printer.

tgraphic

The HP PrintOS Media Locator is a terrific resource for this type of question:

You can filter the search results by printer, application, media manufacturer, and more. Most banner medias will run well, but papers can be a bit more of a challenge on a 300 Series, so checking for certified medias on the Locator is key. You can also pull down the media preset OMS from the link and push to the printer via the Embedded Web Server, or go directly to the printer front panel > Substrate Library > download. It will automatically synchronize with your Certified RIP after being installed and loaded onto the printer.
Thanks for that info. Much appreciated. I was looking for some input from anyone who is running a 315 and their recommendations for media based on experience.

JPR-5690

LexJet is pretty good source for info although you might find better price/product selection with other vendors who are more specialized for specific type of printing (i.e. Fellers, Grimco, Harbor).

I forget the specifics, but LexJet is owned (? affiliated? part of?) the same company that owns HP wide format division, but they also carry other brands so you can get some good insight from their reps.
(again, I forget the exact details so dont quote me on this).