• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L360 Ink Pooling

TXsignguy

We are having ink pooling on our prints for the first few inches. It looks like this during a head alignment.

Does anyone have experience with a problem like this? Can you post your head alignment test photos?

Thanks!

Attachments

• HP Test.jpg
    HP Test.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 241

jtinker

Owner
The heater maybe. If the ink and paper arnt at the right temperature then you would get something like this. This is just a haunch though.

FrankW

The head alignment plot is not ink limited. As long as the head adjustment runs to a "successful"-Message, anything is ok.

If you have that in regular prints, you perhaps print with a wrong profile. In this case you should test another one.

Just a hunch no sure what's going on. Isn't the optimizer supposed to rapidly immobilize pigment and ink so it doesn't blend and pool like this. Maybe your optimizer is not set high enough for the media you are printing on. Whats the media, where did you get the profile, have you change anything from the original? Heads in or out of warranty?

Bly

Some of the patches put down when they do a pattern aren't for measurement and simply to blast some ink through the heads to clear them.

We are having ink pooling on our prints for the first few inches. It looks like this during a head alignment.

Does anyone have experience with a problem like this? Can you post your head alignment test photos?

Thanks!

Is the problem evident on one media product, or across different medias? Also, is it only occurring on the BiDi Alignment plot, or on production jobs as well? Need more info to be able to assist.

gastontaiba

You should print this test on paper.

Thanks!

TXsignguy

HP tech worked on it a few time and finally decided to swap all of the printheads and install new firmware. Looks like the problem is fixed but hope it doesn't come back again.

printndisplay

HP tech worked on it a few time and finally decided to swap all of the printheads and install new firmware. Looks like the problem is fixed but hope it doesn't come back again.

Sorry required an advise i mean to ask the quality of print in Latex 310, versatility and color gamut? Epson claiming no one can beat on image quality of their Surecolor SC-S70600, is that right?

ProColorGraphics

I have a L360 and a new S70. The quality of the S70 is amazing!! You'd be hard pressed to find something that would beat it on quality. But, you have to have your profiles setup right too or you won't be impressed.