• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help L360 Printhead Issues

Jayefkay531

Hey All - I have an HP L360 that is killing me right now. Ink nozzles are flying out all over the place. I called HP and they replaced the 4 heads (CB, CB, MY, MY) that were underperforming as they were still in warranty. With the new heads, one YM head was replaced again as it had just about all 1056 nozzles blocked. They sent me another new one and the printer was printing beautifully for several days straight. However, after taking two days off, printhead 6, which was the one that was replaced twice, is now missing close to 600 nozzles. I've gone through 3 cleanings and let it soak in distilled water to bring it back...but I'm wondering if there's another issue at play here?

Has anybody seen anything like this?

Jayefkay531

The maintenance Cartridge is still at 40% so I hadn't thought of that, but I'll give it a shot and see if it comes back to life. Thanks for the response!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I really doubt the caps unless you have had that same cleaning cartridge in there for years.

Look inside the drop detector and if there is ink buildup, knock it down.
I've seen cases where there is ink building up and it blocks the sensor -> some heads can report all nozzles missing or half of the die (600) etc. Sounds just like your issue.

1627588161473.png

Last edited:

Jayefkay531

I really doubt the caps unless you have had that same cleaning cartridge in there for years.

Look inside the drop detector and if there is ink buildup, knock it down.
I've seen cases where there is ink building up and it blocks the sensor -> some heads can report all nozzles missing or half of the die (600) etc. Sounds just like your issue.

View attachment 154719

Thanks for this. Quick question though - it's not just that it's reporting that half the nozzles are out....half the nozzles are actually not firing. The printhead test shows massive defects. Could this still cause this issue?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Thanks for this. Quick question though - it's not just that it's reporting that half the nozzles are out....half the nozzles are actually not firing. The printhead test shows massive defects. Could this still cause this issue?
Yes, this is the part that detects the nozzles. If there is blockage in the sensor and it doesn't see the nozzle firing it will eventually turn it off.

If there is a blockage there even the "bad" printheads come back alive almost instantly after few cleanings.

Jayefkay531

Yes, this is the part that detects the nozzles. If there is blockage in the sensor and it doesn't see the nozzle firing it will eventually turn it off.

If there is a blockage there even the "bad" printheads come back alive almost instantly after few cleanings.
Awesome - I'll give this a shot. Thank you!