• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L360 Profiling window perf?

Desert_Signs

I attempted to profile (70/30) perf but it keeps failing. So, I'm stuck using the canned HP profile for view through vinyl. The colors aren't printing correctly. Navy blue comes out light blue, etc.

How can I fix this?

bigsign

8 Passes

When we printer are window perf on 8 pass. We try it on 20 pass and it did not work at all. 8 pass work great

I attempted to profile (70/30) perf but it keeps failing. So, I'm stuck using the canned HP profile for view through vinyl. The colors aren't printing correctly. Navy blue comes out light blue, etc.

How can I fix this?

The HP Latex 360 incorporates a color measurement instrument from XRite, called an i1 device into the printer hardware. Unfortunately, the type of measurement geometry used in the i1 device (called 0-45 degree) is incompatible with window perf material, due to the fact that the light will pass through the holes of the media, causing inaccurate readings. The type of measurement device that would be needed to take valid readings from this media is called a spherical spectrophotometer.

What most people do out of necessity with perf is to use a 'canned' media profile and bump up the saturation (curves) of the colors, either in the file or the RIP, which increases the amount of ink that ends up going down on the perf. It is an inexact science, but as it is not possible to take valid readings without a spherical measurement device, it is the only reasonable approach to get closer to the desired result when printing onto window perf media.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Gotta remember too....while you are printing on perf, colors may look lighter or a little washed out, but once you put the print on the window/glass/whatever, they darken up since you are only seeing 50% of the image (or more if using 60/40 or 70/30).

derekw13029

The HP Latex 360 incorporates a color measurement instrument from XRite, called an i1 device into the printer hardware. Unfortunately, the type of measurement geometry used in the i1 device (called 0-45 degree) is incompatible with window perf material, due to the fact that the light will pass through the holes of the media, causing inaccurate readings. The type of measurement device that would be needed to take valid readings from this media is called a spherical spectrophotometer.

What most people do out of necessity with perf is to use a 'canned' media profile and bump up the saturation (curves) of the colors, either in the file or the RIP, which increases the amount of ink that ends up going down on the perf. It is an inexact science, but as it is not possible to take valid readings without a spherical measurement device, it is the only reasonable approach to get closer to the desired result when printing onto window perf media.

Excellent information, thanks.

Pretty sure we just use the 3M Controltac ij180c profile when we print to 70/30 perf on our HP L330, when using Flexi as the RIP with color correction ON. Might give it a shot if you aren't making any progress.

Just make sure to watch the temps. That 3M profile cranks the heat, and that perf can warp on you if you aren't careful.