• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question L365 Problem: tiny magenta dots in non-printed areas

Stickian

New to L365 so I'm hoping this is something silly I've done. I've searched Google, HP + Signs101 and I'm waiting on Grimco tech support but I'm hoping this wonderful hive mind will have ze solution.

Printing on HP prime gloss air GP + Endura 225 Satin, both supported medias + properly profiled and calibrated.

Noticed a very light speckling of magenta ink only in non-printed areas (white space in and around all printed objects but not on the first/last 4 inches of media) on AI, PDF + internal calibration prints sent to the press.

The light speckling looks as if I've set a 2% magenta screen down as a background color and the press is trying its best. Note that the speckles appear black in the photo.

I will run through the alignment/image optimization processes again tomorrow but it seems like they would have fixed the issue the first time around if they could have.

Thank you!

-Ian

Attachments

• IMG_1291.jpeg
    IMG_1291.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 178

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Have you enabled the "Image-quality maintenance > Color variation and text-line correction" from the printer by accident?
That will produce something like this all over the print. Don't use it. Add color bars to the side of the print if you want more sharpness.

Your file shows 0.00% ink on that spot in RIP?

Last edited:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
New to L365 so I'm hoping this is something silly I've done. I've searched Google, HP + Signs101 and I'm waiting on Grimco tech support but I'm hoping this wonderful hive mind will have ze solution.

Printing on HP prime gloss air GP + Endura 225 Satin, both supported medias + properly profiled and calibrated.

Noticed a very light speckling of magenta ink only in non-printed areas (white space in and around all printed objects but not on the first/last 4 inches of media) on AI, PDF + internal calibration prints sent to the press.

The light speckling looks as if I've set a 2% magenta screen down as a background color and the press is trying its best. Note that the speckles appear black in the photo.

I will run through the alignment/image optimization processes again tomorrow but it seems like they would have fixed the issue the first time around if they could have.

Thank you!

-Ian

If you don't find the answer, check in here too, all latex users. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Latexgroup/

Stickian

Have you enabled the "Image-quality maintenance > Color variation and text-line correction" from the printer by accident?
That will produce something like this all over the print. Don't use it. Add color bars to the side of the print if you want more sharpness.

Your file shows 0.00% ink on that spot in RIP?

Thank you so much balstestrat, turning this option: "Image-quality maintenance > Color variation and text-line correction" to OFF did he trick! Also thank you BigfishDM, I'm joining that group on FB.

You are all awesome!

-Ian