• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lacking proper chemical ... what to do ?

wwpro

hi there

I have to install a some lettering tomorrow and I worked based on some pics I have, and didn't realize how bad the sign looks on one of the two sides, and this is a new customer that I'd love to keep, can help me to grow soon, hence I want to do a nice job for them.

They have this sign printed and installed some time ago by another company and now they want to place their winter business hours and I offered to install the lettering with Reflective due to the low light that's in the area at night, but in order to do a proper job I'd love to be able to remove the adhesive residue before installing my vinyl, but I don't have any Rapid Remover, I brought some from the States but cannot find it. I'll try to get my hands on some Goo Gone or similar tomorrow, but I'm afraid that it can affect the light blue area if I do it.

I tried wiping with some alcohol on a few printed scraps I have here but it removes the ink, some Soy based screen printing cleaner I have, does the same thing ..... is my SP300v not printing properly or is this expected ?

Thanks a lot for your time, 2-in-1 questions :

what to use to remove?
Eco-Max inks can be just wiped off completely even with alcohol ?

Attachments

• glue.jpg
    glue.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 84

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Have you seen the sign up close?
Does it have laminate over the print?
If it is laminated the print won't be effected by the chemicals used to remove the glue. Unless it is something really harsh like lacquer thinner.
If it is unlaminated just about anything you use strong enough to remove the glue will also remove the ink off the print.
Last ditch option on the unlaminated print would be to use some strong adhesive tape - like gorilla or duct tape. You basically do it like a bikini wax hair removal. Set the tape over the glue - rub it down and then quickly pull it up. The left over glue will stick to the adhesive on the tape and should (hopefully) leave the ink behind.
A quick way to do this is to use a 4" or 6" hard brayer roller and reverse wind (sticky side out) some tape onto it. You end up with an industrial strength lint remover.
Roll it back and forth over the glue and it will transfer the glue onto the tape.

wayne k
guam usa

wwpro

it's not laminated Wayne, low quality work all over the place, but hey, people want cheap stuff and that's what they get.

I'll take an arsenal with me and try if something works, I'm not charging extra for it, just raising the bar doing the right thing.

thanks for your advice

wwpro

ohh, so I shouldn't be worry that my SP300V with Eco-Sol MAX is easily wiped off if it's not laminated right ?

Mike F

ohh, so I shouldn't be worry that my SP300V with Eco-Sol MAX is easily wiped off if it's not laminated right ?

Actually, I think you probably should be worried about that, although I have no idea what would cause it.