• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lam for matte white

toodark

I have a someone that wants to wrap their car with matte white and then use a sharpe marker for his design. I guess my question then would be, would you use liquid lam to protect his sharpe design?

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Matte liquid lam...

We use liquid from Clearstar in S. Carolina. Good stuff....ask for a dead flat from them. We use it quite often when even matte vinyl with solvent ink isnt matte enough for Photo shoots or red carpet events.

Last edited:

Pat Whatley

THIS does not look ghetto to me...

No....but most people who "think" they have the ability, style, and common sense to make something like that don't possess any of the three.

That said, if he wants to do it and he's willing to pay for it then hell yes sell it to him. One thing he may want to check though is how fast its going to fade. The laminate may help but Sharpies aren't exactly known for being UV stable....a couple of months will probably be pushing it.

From the Sharpie website:
• How long does a permanent marker last?
We do not have a mathematical formula to figure how long a permanent marker will “last.” With outdoor exposure on a nonporous surface, the marks from a dye base marker will be gone in perhaps three to four months.