• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminate On Indoor Perf?

Hip Pocket

Is (spray) laminate needed for indoor perf vinyl? From what I'm seeing it's value is UV/chemical protection and water repellant from holes...We have a customer that wants perf on an inside door? Thanks.

ledhead

We use a clear cold laminate on most of our indoor perfs. It is not quite necessary if they are not in direct sunlight but it speeds up application. Also if they are in a well trafficked area where they could be rubbed up against it provides protection from scratches and the like.

ledhead

We only use wet laminates when our perf is sized bigger than our laminate width. We try to avoid that so I will not be much help. Sorry

bannertime

Spray laminate with perf takes some practice. It can fill the holes and become cloudy or chip off during installation.

shoresigns

On the rare occasion we install perf indoors, we don't laminate it. Unlaminated perf is super easy to install since it's full of holes.

Make sure the client understands that if you install perf on the interior side of an exterior window (facing the interior), it may be hard to see during the day unless the interior lighting is quite bright.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
On the rare occasion we install perf indoors, we don't laminate it. Unlaminated perf is super easy to install since it's full of holes.

Make sure the client understands that if you install perf on the interior side of an exterior window (facing the interior), it may be hard to see during the day unless the interior lighting is quite bright.

I agree, much easier to install unlam perf. Indoors shouldn't require it.