• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminate Roll Width compared to Media Roll Width

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I run 54" lam with 48" media almost every day. I never have in issue with the excess lam sticking to the rollers. I run 54" because if the media skews i'm not screwed. And the price difference between 54", 50" and 48" in minimal.
I also run 36" lam with 30" media.
I also have never used kraft paper.
:corndog:

I guess you're the only person that WANTS their laminate to be way bigger than the media. I can't even comprehend this thought process. You must enjoy spending a huge amount of time trimming off the excess laminate.

qmr55

Load the laminate correctly and you shouldn't skew. I ran 150' roll of 54" print through my 54" laminate last week and didn't skew more than an 1/8th of an inch the entire way.

401Graphics

I guess you're the only person that WANTS their laminate to be way bigger than the media. I can't even comprehend this thought process. You must enjoy spending a huge amount of time trimming off the excess laminate.
Oh yes, such a huge amount of time to do that. :rolleyes:

Crusader01

Just an update on cutting stock lam rolls down:

As of 2/8/16:
Harbor Sales said they do not offer this service

Fellers said they do not offer this service

Advantage Sign Supply said they do offer this service at no charge and there may be a 1/4" variance in widths as the rolls cut. Any roll that is cut is sold with a disclaimer that the sale is final.

I will update if I purchase a cut roll from Advantage.