• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminate wrinkling during print lamination

JTurner

Short explanation...

I upgraded from a 54" Mutoh 1304A to a 64" Mutoh 1624x (love the printer btw) but I'm still laminating with a Seal 62 Ultra C. I measured the rollers before I bought the new printer and determined that I'd be able to use it when laminating 60 inch prints. Most of my prints are 60 inches by 200 inches for race cars. After about the first 7 or 8 feet my laminate starts to wrinkle on the sides. I'm starting to think I'm going to need a 64 inch laminator. Anyone out there run into the same problem with a 62 inch. Notice I only have this problem when laminating 60 inch print with 61 inch laminate.

Any help/tips/tricks are well appreciated.

-Jason.

thewvsignguy

Yup I would guess that your rollers are worn in the centers enough that you to add more pressure. In turn the center will turn faster the the outside causing wrinkles.

We bought a used laminater that the previous owner used 30" material 90% of the time. Now when we do say 36" it's not bad but trying 48" or 54" media we will get silvering down the center. The sides are beautiful but the center of ours is worn out and we just go a little slower and adjust pressure as needed.