• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Newbie

Ink Newbie
So, I know that Oracal says the recommended laminates for Orajet 3651 are both the Oraguard 210 and 215, but I have some issues with them. I have tested the Oraguard 210, but it's too thin for what I need. The Oraguard 215 seems better, but it's way too expensive for the stage that I'm currently in business. I have found to what it seems "compatible" calendered laminates from Arlon(the 3240), but will they be alright with the 3651 vinyl? If you have used Orajet 3651 before, would you recommend me to stick with Oraguard laminates or use calendered laminates from other brands(like the one I mentioned) in the meantime?
Thanks

CanuckSigns

The arlon 3420 is a great laminate, you won't have any issues mixing it with the 3651.

The rule of thumb is you can mix calendered lam with calendered vinyl, and cast with cast, I always check to make sure both products are a similar lifespan, there are some low cost calendered laminates that are absolutely horrible and shrink back like crazy.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
After not being able to get 215 I started using 3m 8508 and substance pl-3150. They ship fast and it's decent material. If you're doing small stickers, I would use their vinyl and laminate. Pm-2755 is comparable to what you are looking at now.

Ink Newbie

Ink Newbie
After not being able to get 215 I started using 3m 8508 and substance pl-3150. They ship fast and it's decent material. If you're doing small stickers, I would use their vinyl and laminate. Pm-2755 is comparable to what you are looking at now.
I've never heard of Substance brand before. I checked their website, and they seem to have great products at an affordable price. Their products have caught my attention, and I will do more research on them. I took a look at the vinyl and lam you mentioned, and they definitely match what I want, but have you had any issues with those products before? Peeling, bubbles, shipping issues, or anything of the sort?
Btw, thanks a lot for the info.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I've never heard of Substance brand before. I checked their website, and they seem to have great products at an affordable price. Their products have caught my attention, and I will do more research on them. I took a look at the vinyl and lam you mentioned, and they definitely match what I want, but have you had any issues with those products before? Peeling, bubbles, shipping issues, or anything of the sort?
Btw, thanks a lot for the info.
Shipping is fast, we get it in about 2 days. As far as quality, there are good reviews on here and I have been happy with it. Someone here recommended it to me. I regularly use their high tack which is 444, their 6mil textured laminate and the other laminate. Their backing isn't marked either which might be a plus if you're retailing stickers. Oracal 210 doesn't hold up well and Ive tried others that shrink real bad. Give that stuff a try, they will send samples.

rawjahprintshop

I second substance incorporated. I've used them going on 13 years now... They originated from the offroad side of the industry, or from what I know them from is the Motocross, and the dirtbike industry. They were our standard back then, and really the only one everyone uses for motocross or offroad graphics. They have the media- Ultracurve 660 which is a 6 mil SUPER aggressive adhesive, and then we laminate with the Ultracurve 1500 usually... 21 mil for Motocross and offroad/snowmobiles etc... They just recently, the past year or two came out with the more spiffy stuff like the Atlas and Galactic series', Which galactic is Gold Flake finish within the clear laminate, and same with the other colors they offer within that category (i dont use it much, kinda pricey, but fun to use on occasion.) I do want to mention, it IS, very very subtle, so that's nice for me.... it won't wash out any of your design by any means. I recommend like 'NOTAREALSIGNGUY' said, asking for some samples or buying some sample rolls to try out.

I even now use them to replace my thin oracal stickers with the media pm 2755 and laminate with pl 3750 and it's way better than oracal and avery in my and others alike opinions and the pricing is better too! I have lived on both costs, and in the midwest, and always get in in 2 days of ordering, at most 3. Which is tremendous. They have a warehouse in the San Diego area and then another warehouse on the Southern Half of the East coast somewhere. I have never had anything bad to say about them in like i said almost 15 years!

Last edited: