• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminating Issues

kroger

I have been having a problem with the tension in laminating. I used the 210 without any problem laminating then switched it over to 290 and I can’t seem to get it smooth. I never changed the tension. Tried several times and wasted a lot. I switched back to 210 and it worked fine. I’m not sure what the issue is, the roll has no defects, etc. Same as I always had. Any thoughts? The laminate seems to buckles. TIA

kroger

image.jpg

Cold 30” laminator

WB

Looks like a knock off of a JBC Titan. That arm on the right should have several notches in the position depending on what you laminating. if you laminating vinyl it should always be down and locked!

Your Issue might be your approach, 210 is a thicker laminate and will probably be more forgiving on short runs where 290 is a 2mil? or thinner cast and if it starts out shitty it will keep going. Are you running a craft paper on the bottom roll?

Are you running a bottom roll?