• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminating Tension Question - GBC 1064wfc

indleseckum

I've been having issues with tension settings on our GBC 1064wbc. We just in the last month figured out we were loading it wrong for...7 years or so, but it was working. We are doing it (I think) the correct way now, but with the latest roll of laminate, we are having tension issues.

I can hand tighten the laminate and the take up roll, and it will stay tight for small decals. However, when we try to laminate 6'+ prints, it's a huge problem.

I'm attaching a picture with hope that someone can help me out.

Thanks

Josh

Attachments

• tension.jpg
    tension.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 67

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Needs to go over that fixed idler bar, not under it.... unless I've been doing it wrong for years too. I've tried it the way you have it as well, does not work well at all.

WB

That's the way I was shown to use my GBC Titan about 10 years ago.. Make sure your rolls aren't moving.. there's a way to adjust the tension internally but it's complicated.

indleseckum

We used to run it over the fixed idler bar, and always had issues. We found the problem however. The core grips were not...gripping. Not sure if the laminate core's inside diameter was just a bit larger or what, but it would just spin, therefore the tension adjustments were pointless. We just added some tape in the core where the grips were, and it immediately had plenty of tension.

Just ran 3 10' prints through with no issues at all.

Thanks for the help.

Josh