• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminating

GVP

Greetings!

We have a cold laminator that meets our needs. I've noticed that if you stop the laminator mid-way through a print, you sometimes see a pressure line where it's stopped under the rollers - this is more noticeable on darker colored backgrounds. My belief is that this will go away after a period of time - I have a long batch of vinyl to laminate, and would be grateful if someone could reassure me that this is the case?

kffernandez

i dunno about automatic laminators. but this happens every single time with Big Squeegee's - since we stop and start after every arm's length of pushing. in our case, it's just silvering and will go away in a day or so. unless you trapped actual bubbles in it.

kelly

J

john1

I always like to not stop if i can, I use the BS and almost always trap bubbles under it and it ruins the print.

kffernandez

I always like to not stop if i can, I use the BS and almost always trap bubbles under it and it ruins the print.

ahhh. yes. i always need to be careful about it. any shift in the position of the BS relative to the item being installed will create bubbles. surprisingly, you can still move the whole thing around without making any bubbles. all in all, if everything goes well, all you'd end up with is just a line of silvering - which will go away.

kelly

The Equipment Guy

Generally when we train people on running a laminator we suggest they not stop directly on the print. on some materials it will go away, but I have seen as many times that it has not.

Craig

kffernandez

Generally when we train people on running a laminator we suggest they not stop directly on the print. on some materials it will go away, but I have seen as many times that it has not.

hi craig! do you have an idea why it does/does-not happen? it would really suck if some of my BS installs had permanent pressure lines on them.

kelly