• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator disaster

dypinc

OK got it around the roller and into the nip.

View attachment 96616 View attachment 96617

Now my issue is how do I end the job? Before when it was on the table I would use some left over backer paper as a leader.

After I finished the job, the best I could do has to raise the nip and slide some paper underneath the graphic. Maybe I need to add more to the back or is that front of the job and trim it off.

ETA: Just webbed another roll and no this is not going to happen unless I can come up with a way to get it turned around. I started to run out of swear words. :banghead::smile:

Now you got it. That will keep everything snug and in line as it winds around the two rollers.

I just make sure I have six inch or so so I can pull on it once it leaves the take off roll. By the time it goes around the idler roller you should be able to hold it on the bottom pinch roller.

About the only thing I see it looks like you could use more tension on the bottom. And with the table on it looks like it would be hard to get it squared up around the bottom roller to load.

This is how I always do it.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=95086&d=1387113031

chartle

Now you got it. That will keep everything snug and in line as it winds around the two rollers.

I just make sure I have six inch or so so I can pull on it once it leaves the take off roll. By the time it goes around the idler roller you should be able to hold it on the bottom pinch roller.

About the only thing I see it looks like you could use more tension on the bottom. And with the table on it looks like it would be hard to get it squared up around the bottom roller to load.

This is how I always do it.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=95086&d=1387113031

When you say more tension you are probably looking at the photo before I started it rolling. That's as tight as I can get it.

I don't have the table on when I web the bottom it but unless I defeat an interlock, I have to run the material with it on.

dypinc

When you say more tension you are probably looking at the photo before I started it rolling. That's as tight as I can get it.

I don't have the table on when I web the bottom it but unless I defeat an interlock, I have to run the material with it on.

The design of your laminator gets stranger every day. Why they think you would always want the table to be on. All I have found out I sure would not consider purchasing this laminator.

lbumbaca

Chartle, It's really not all too hard to run material between that once you get used to it. Yes it is poor design but I Recently went through this exact dilemma as you are, no one here even offered jack **** for advice except for calling me a noob or shoulda bought a seal haha.

Luckily I had a user from here shoot me a call, gave me some pointers and since I've been running average of 20-30 ft at a time, maximum of 75ft to date with 1/8th inch of walk.

Shoot me your phone number and when I'm not as busy I will shoot you a call. I will also try to find my post listing all of my information I found during my experimentation with the RS laminator.

I am the guy that called if you need help please feel free to call me 647 333 8713 leo

chartle

Chartie;

That is NOT the correct webbing procedure.
The printed material is supposed to come from below the front table, up over the front table and into the roller nip.

You are heading for major problems trying to run the way you have it webbed.

Sorry missed this yesterday.

So are you saying don't use the roller?

lbumbaca

Sorry missed this yesterday.

to EVERYONE that hates this laminator I run about 30 to 40 full rolls a year might be more 1/8 to 1/4 skew with no problems with a power take up great laminator just need to learn to use it Call or pm me your number willing to help

chartle

Chartie;

That is NOT the correct webbing procedure.
The printed material is supposed to come from below the front table, up over the front table and into the roller nip.

You are heading for major problems trying to run the way you have it webbed.

to EVERYONE that hates this laminator I run about 30 to 40 full rolls a year might be more 1/8 to 1/4 skew with no problems with a power take up great laminator just need to learn to use it Call or pm me your number willing to help

OK how do you web this laminator for the printed vinyl. I tried using the front roller that came with it but the way the bracket is angled it just pulls it off of it.

rollers.jpg

So thats why I got the extra front feed which is working for me for at least 30" material. So I guess I'm going to go back and not try to use that idler roller and just go from the new front position, up on the table and use a fare amount of tension.

chartle

Wanted to update this thread and also thank everyone who posted.

With the front feeder and the back take up reel its working great I just did 96+ feet of 54" material for a trailer and it only wavered an 1/8" back and forth. I think it was due to the fact that the vinyl was not 100% squared up on the roll.
0506140953.jpg 0506140954.jpg

In looking back I'm not sure I should have had the vinyl rolled that way and it should be the other way. This way it "engages" the front lip of the table better but due to the way the bracket is made there is a slight chance it could be pulled out.